Early Voting Period
October 29 @ 8:00 am - 7:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until October 30, 2020
The in-person early voting period for the November 3, 2020 general election begins Thursday, October 15 and ends Saturday, October 31.
During the early voting period, eligible individuals who missed the regular voter registration deadline may register and vote at the same time.
One-Stop Early Voting Dare County
One-stop absentee voting (commonly known as “early voting”) allows any registered voter to cast an absentee ballot in person on select days prior to Election Day. Unlike on Election Day, when registered voters can only vote at their specific precinct, one-stop voting allows registered voters to vote at any one-stop absentee voting site in the county. One-stop sites will have all the ballot styles for a given election at each site.
When you present to vote at a one-stop site, you may change your name or address, if it needs to be updated.
Early voting for the 2020 General Election begins on October 15, 2020 at three locations:
- Dare County Administration Building – 954 Marshall C. Collins Dr., Manteo, NC 27952
- Kill Devil Hills Town Hall Commissioners Meeting Room, 102 Town Hall Drive, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- Cape Hatteras Secondary School Auditorium – 48576 NC Hwy. 12, Buxton, NC 27920
The sites are open weekdays from October 15, 2020 through October 30, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., and Saturdays, October 17 and 24 from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The last day of early voting is Saturday, October 31 from 8:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m.
Election Day for Dare County is November 3rd, 2020. Go vote from 6:30am to 7:30pm!
Find more info on the One-Stop Sites in your County: One-stop Site Lookup
Persons who are not registered in a county may register at one-stop sites (early voting sites) during the early voting period. Upon completion of registration, the newly-registered voter can immediately vote at that same one-stop site. This process is known as same-day registration.
Same-day registrants must attest to their eligibility and provide proof of residence. A voter attests to her eligibility by completing a Voter Registration Application and affixing his/her signature. Knowingly attesting to false information is a Class One felony. After the voter’s attestation, he/she must prove his/her residence by presenting any one of the following showing his/her current name and current address:
- North Carolina driver license
- Other photo identification issued by a government agency. Any government-issued photo ID is acceptable, so long as the card bears the voter’s current name and current address.
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document showing the voter’s name and address
- A current college/university photo identification card paired with proof of campus habitation
Within two business days of the person’s registration, the county board of elections will verify the registrant’s driver license or social security number, update the voter registration database, search for possible duplicate registrations, and proceed to verify the registrant’s address by mail. The registrant’s vote will be counted unless the county board of elections determines that he or she is not qualified to vote.
Not sure if you are registered to vote? Use the Voter Lookup Tool to check your registration
If you want to register to vote in Dare County, North Carolina: Use the NC State Board of Elections site to Register to Vote